We strive to improve outcomes for individuals receiving services, regardless of age, complexity of needs, service type, or setting in which the services are provided, and to help drive improvements in innovation and quality. Over the years, BeConnected has developed its quality assurance systems and practice using input from our funders, Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) and the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD), Licensing (Island Health), CARF Accreditation standards, proven best practices in community, industry standards, and input from information collected from BeConnected stakeholders as guidelines.
As a result, BeConnected has been recognized as “embrac[ing] a philosophy of providing stability, independence, and inclusiveness. These concepts are evident throughout the organization, included in policy and procedures, staff attitude, service provision, and outcomes for persons served.” ~CARF Survey Report, 2018.
Annually, BeConnected Support Services writes a report called the Performance Analysis (PA) Report. The report highlights the achievements of BeConnected over a period of one year’s time. Some of the information included in the PA Report is:
- Are individuals, families, and community members satisfied with BeConnected’s services?
- Have individuals been supported to meet their personal goals?
- Is BeConnected accessible to the individuals it supports, and individuals who may want to come to BeConnected for supports?
Contact Kristen at Head Office for a copy of the full Report OR view the shortened version of the Performance Analysis Report below.
Strategic Plan 2021-2023
BeConnected’s Strategic Plan is updated annually and revised every three years. It is developed with input from persons served, employees, and other stakeholders through our strategic dreaming exercise. It outlines how we will deliver on our vision and mission and our accomplishments from the previous plan.
Contact Kristen at Head Office for a copy of the full 2021-2023 Strategic Plan or view the Summary Report.
CARF has accredited BeConnected Support Services seven times, the most recent being June 17th-18th 2021. We are currently awaiting our results – stay tuned! BSS will be surveyed for the eighth time in May or June 2024.
BeConnected is accredited in the following programs:
- Community Housing
- Community Housing (Children and Adolescents)
- Host Family / Shared Living Services
- Supported Living
- Respite Services
- Respite Services (Children and Adolescents)
- #38 BeConnected Accreditation Bulletin (2021) – Exit Conference Information
- #37 BeConnected Accreditation Bulletin (2021) – Welcome Orientation and Exit Conference information
- #36 BeConnected Accreditation Bulletin (2021) – Coming Soon Poster
- #35B BeConnected Accreditation Bulletin (2021) – Surveyor FAQ for Persons Served
- #35A BeConnected Accreditation Bulletin (2021) – Surveyor FAQ for Employees
- #34 BeConnected Accreditation Bulletin (2020) – Information about accreditation and what is new in our upcoming survey
- #33 BeConnected Accreditation Bulletin (2018) – 2018 Survey results
- #32 BeConnected Accreditation Bulletin (2018) – 2018 Survey wrap up
Safe Harbour Affiliate
Diversity and inclusion is a key value of ours at BeConnected – that’s why we are proud to be a Safe Harbour Affiliate.
Have a Complaint?
BeConnected is committed to quality and satisfaction with the services and supports we deliver. You can read about our approach to conflict resolution in our Resident and Family Handbook and BeConnected’s Complaint Policy. If you would like to submit a complaint, please complete and submit a complaint form.
For more information about Beconnected’s quality assurance, please contact Kristen Kay.