BC 2019/2020 Budget Released
February 20, 2019
Yesterday BC announced their 2019/20 budget which included important investments to help lift people out of poverty. A few highlights of this year’s budget include:
- A $50/month increase to the Persons with Disabilities (PWD) benefit. A person with disabilities will now receive $1,183 per month.
- A new BC Child Opportunity Benefit will significantly improve the lives of thousands of low-income families, many of whom support children with disabilities.
- Community Living BC received an annual increase of 66 million.
- $6 million will be invested annually to provide respite services for parents who provide care for children with disabilities. This will significantly reduce the waitlist for respite services and increase the respite benefit by 10%.
- BC’s Fair PharmaCare program was expanded with an additional $42 million, providing coverage for more drug options that will improve the health outcomes of British Columbians. That includes people living with diabetes, asthma and hypertension.
- A long-overdue addition this budget is the rate increase for shared living providers. This increase will help address the challenge of finding shared living providers in their community.
Winter 2019 BeCommunity Newsletter
February 14, 2019
Winter has arrived and so has our Winter Newsletter! Check out the latest news here!
My Community 4 – Register Now!
February 5, 2019
My Community 4 is set for Tuesday March 5th!
Hosts and presenters are all British Columbians who bring a variety of experiences to their role, many who live with diverse abilities.
Online registration is now open and is on a first-come, first-serve basis for up to one hundred participants. Cost is $10, which includes a seasonal-themed lunch, snacks, learning sessions, and networking opportunities. Register by February 28th 2019!