Updated: April 2, 2020
Update: BeConnected continually updates it’s COVID-19 Exposure Control Plan as new information arises. View the most current update here.
We are essential service workers at BeConnected – thank you to all BeConnected personnel for the care and commitment you are demonstrating during this challenging time. We are in this together.
BeConnected is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for the people we support, personnel, and visitors.
We are regularly reviewing updates from government and health authorities and communicating with our regulatory bodies. BeConnected has plans in place to respond as needed. As information comes available we are committed to transparency and communication with the BeConnected community.
Pandemic Response Plan
A combination of measures will be used to minimize exposure and the spread of COVID-19 including the heightened use of our regular infection control practices. These procedures will not only protect our personnel, but also the people we serve and others who enter our programs. BeConnected is currently in Phase 2 of it’s pandemic response plan.
In response to the recommendations made by the Provincial Health Officer and Ministry of Health only essential visitors* are currently permitted on site. This is in addition to the existing requirement to restrict anyone from entering the facility who has:
- Respiratory symptoms;
- Come in contact with someone known or presumed to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days; or
- Travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
Personnel who have worked at another facility where there is a known or presumed case of COVID-19 are not to enter a BeConnected site and are to inform their Coordinator immediately. All residents, staff, and essential visitors will be directed to the nearest hand washing station upon entry. Once on site, please remember to wash frequently and maintain your distance with others.
All BeConnected Events have been also been cancelled until further notice.
You can view BeConnected’s full COVID-19 Pandemic Continuity Plan here (April 2, 2020).
*Essential Visitors (visits for compassionate end-of-life care or visits essential for supporting care plans for a person served)
We are committed to keeping you updated as we continue to monitor information provided from the Health Authorities. More information is also available from the following sources:
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- HealthLink BC
- The Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization
- Plain Language Booklet on Coronavirus for Self-Advocates
- Plain Language Information from People First of Canada
- Information for Youth and Young Adults (updated Mar 31, 2020)
- Greater Victoria Community Resources – local food banks and other community supports (created by the Quadra Village Community Centre updated Mar 23, 2020 )
- Video Conferencing and Privacy – how to stay safe while connecting with friends and family online (CLBC)
Coronavirus Outbreak: Fact vs Fiction with Dr. Bonnie Henry (Plain Language)